Half of iPhone users download premium apps every month
Some interesting results from the AdMob’s July 2009 Mobile Metrics Report:
- Half of iPhone users and 40% of iPod Touch owners download one or more premium applications from Apple’s App Store each month, compared to 19% of Android smartphone users.
- More than 90% of Android and iPhone OS users browse and search for apps directly on their mobile device, rather than on their computer.
- iPhone and Android users download approximately 10 new apps each month, with iPod touch owners downloading an average of 18 per month.
- More than half of iPhone and Android users spend more than 30 minutes per day using apps.
- Users who regularly download paid apps spend approximately $9 on an average of five paid downloads per month.